Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Candle Hoarder



I'll admit it... I'm a bit of a candle hoarder. Especially in the fall season because I like the woodsy scents that are more popular this time of year - I'm not a big fan of the sweet, fruity scents that are omnipresent in spring and summer. My favorite candles are from Bath & Body Works. While I usually associate this store with the 11 year old me who frequented it for roll-on body glitter and the like, I have to give them credit for the candles. They're highly fragranced (but not over powering), burn evenly, and are relatively affordable if you get them during the common 2 for $22 sales which is the only time I would ever consider buying candles there.

My all time favorite is Mahogany Teakwood. It smells like Abercrombie & Fitch... in a good way. So when they go on sale I normally pick up a couple of these if I'm running low. However, lately I decided to branch out since they have some new releases with scents that are more along the lines of what I like. I picked up:

Mahogany Teakwood (obviously....) - described as, "The luxurious scents of fine woods - mahogany cedar wood and oak - are enlightened by lavender and geranium notes". To me it mostly smells like nice cologne.

Autumn - described as, "A crisp fall fragrance that blends dark pomegranate with red delicious apple and juicy fig and notes of fir balsam". This one reminds me of a Cranberry candle I got there last winter that I really liked. It is fruity in a crisp way, not a sweet way if that makes sense. The fir balsam also helps to tone down the fruitiness and make it more woodsy.

Sweater Weather - described as, "Chill in the air - Cuddle up with an aromatic blend of eucalyptus, juniper berry and fresh sage that celebrates the arrival of crisp autumn breezes". This one smells fresh and a little minty (from the eucalyptus I guess), very nice and mellow.

Flannel - described as, "Wrap yourself in a warm blend of bergamot, mahogany and a delicate veil of musk". This one reminds me a little of Mahogany Teakwood because it has that cologne type scent to it but its a bit more spicy with a touch of musk like they say in the description

Hope this gives you guys ideas about what to try out next!

xoxo emma

No comments:

Post a Comment