Friday, September 5, 2014

HUGE Collective Haul: Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, & More


Woo! Ok, let me just start off by saying that all the stuff in this haul was not purchased in on day. Over the past month and a half I have been picking up a few things here and there which is how I wound up with all these goodies.  Also, in no way am I trying to be rude or brag by sharing these things with you all, but I always LOVE looking at hauls on other peoples blogs or YouTube channels which is why I decided to do one myself. That said I hope I can give you guys some suggestions and ideas if you're in the market for any new makeup or skin care items :) Since I did collect a lot of things over the past couple months I probably won't go in to too much depth on each product, but I might do some reviews on individual items once I start trying them out. Alrighty here goes nothing....

Advanced Night Repair Complex, Advanced Night Repair Eye, and all the Freebies!!
The first few things I got were skin care from Estée Lauder, I picked up a bottle of Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II (face serum) and a jar of Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex (eye gel). Both of these were repurchases because I ran out of the ones I got myself for my birthday last November - they both lasted about 8 months! I picked these guys up from Nordstrom, and at the time they had a free gift with any $50 Estée Lauder purchase so I made 2 separate orders and doubled up on the freebies :) So in addition to the serum and eye cream, I got two mini (0.25oz each) Advanced Night Repair serums, two 0.5oz moisturizers (Resilience Lift and Revitalizing Supreme), two Sumptuous mascaras (0.1oz each - this mascara is AMAZING but sooo expensive which is why I am always very excited to get a free sample of it!), two Nutritious foaming cleansers (1oz each), 2 lipsticks (not a fan of the shade so I gave it to my mom, but can't complain about a freebie), 2 eyeshadow sets, and a bag to hold everything. Even though the free bonuses seem small they are actually a GREAT deal, because for 1oz. of the Night repair serum its about $62 and with the samples I ended up getting an additional 0.5oz (about $30 worth) for free! 

Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator Serum


The next couple things I got were from Costco, which I already made a post about so I won't go into much detail but here's the link to that post if anyone is interested: Costco Haul. On this trip I got two bottles of the Idealist serum which I have been LOVING and two YSL Rouge Volupté lipsticks (shades No.1 Nude Beige and No.13 Peach Passion). The next few trips were to Ulta...

Certified Mascara Hoarder.... 
Over the past couple months I've gone to Ulta a handful of times. Just as soon as I convince myself that I am not buying any more makeup they send me a 20% off coupon!! What is a girl to do?? So anyway over the few trips I picked up a BUNCH of mascaras. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's silly to buy high end mascara?! I'll be the first to admit that I have shelled out $40+ on a high end foundation or blush, but to me drugstore mascara is equally amazing as the pricey ones you find at Sephora. I have tried a few fancy mascaras over the years (DiorShow, DiorShow Blackout, and Benefit's Bad Gal) but I always find myself going back to L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc. So normally I just pick up a new mascara when I run out but lately I kept coming across ones that caught my eye and since I had several Ulta coupons and some points built up I decided to make a mascara stockpile. Some are repurchases that I have used before and love, including: L'Oreal Telescopic Original (SO AMAZING, please try this one out if you haven't yet!) and Maybelline Volum'Express One by One. Besides these two all the rest are ones I have not yet tried out but that I have heard are great. The newbies are: L'Oreal Voluminous Original (this seems to be a classic that is loved by many so I definitely wanted to give it a go),  L'Oreal Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen, L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly, L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga - haha wow now that I'm listing them all out I'm noticing how many are different variations of L'Oreal Voluminous!, Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions (I actually meant to just get the original Clump Crusher, woops I'm sure this one is pretty similar). Last I got a three pack of Covergirl Lash Perfection volumizing mascara. I had been really wanting to try this mascara out after seeing Megan, aka Ciaoobelllaxo on YouTube here's a link to her channel, talk about how she loves the Covergirl Lash Perfection but I ended up having to get these ones I actually got on eBay because apparently it has been discontinued and is no longer sold in stores. 
NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, NYX Butter Lipstick in Lollies, Maybelline Line Stiletto in Brownish Black

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly, Anastasia Brown Wiz in Soft Brown
Besides my mascara hoarding I also got a few other things at Ulta including, NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, NYX Butter Lipstick in Lollies, Maybelline Line Stiletto in Brownish Black. Then one morning I got an email from Ulta, surprise surprise they send out emails basically everyday, but this one said that if you were a platinum points member you would get 10X points on any purchases made that day. Now normally I try not to fall for these offers but in this case I figured out that if I spent about $100 I would earn 1,000 points which is equal to a $50 gift card! This is what I love about Ulta's points program, you can actually redeem points for a significant amount of money, unlike Sephora where you just get glorified samples for spending $500. So upon deciding that it would be worth making a purchase to get the $50 gift card I picked out a few things I had my eye on already - the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (not that I need another eyeshadow palette but oh well),  Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream (aka lipstick) in Naked Dolly, and an Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown. I'll swatch the NYX and Too Faced lip products below.
L to R: NYX Lollies, NYX Tiramisu, Too Faced Naked Dolly
 Then once I made the order and earned 1,000 points (thanks to 10X points from Ulta) I wanted to go pick something up with the $50 store credit. Like I said before, I do not need any more eyeshadow palettes. But then this happened....
Original Urban Decay Naked Palette
I already have the Naked2, Naked3, and Naked Basics Palette (plus the TF Chocolate Bar Palette I just got), and even though all the colors are neutral and fairly similar, I still really wanted the original Naked palette in my collection. Since I had the $50 store credit I decided to give in and go for it - plus I only ended up spending a little over $4!!
Naked Palette for $4.36? Yes please!
Shadows up close
After this major Ulta extravaganza I took a break for a while. However, at some point recently I have become obsessed with trying out new foundations. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it but it is what it is. So I decided to pick up a few to try out. One is a different shade of a foundation I already have, the Makeup Forever Face and Body. I already have shade 2 a light shade with pink undertones, but since I am SUPER fair it is almost too dark on me so I got shade 36 a very light color (also with pink undertones) so I can mix them together to match my face better. The shade 36 will also probably be a good match for me in the winter when my skin goes into full ghost mode.... At the same time I got the MUFE Face and Body I decided to splurge on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. The price of the palette is quite steep, $58, and it comes with three powders which are each 0.116 oz or 3.3 g for a total of just under 10 grams (0.348 oz). The individual Ambient Lighting powders are $45 for 0.35 oz, so the palette is essentially $13 more for the same amount of product - however I decided it was worth it since you get more variety. 
Makeup Forever Face & Body in 36 and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
The other two foundations I got were the new(ish) liquid foundation from BareMinerals and Chanel Vitalumière. I had seen tons of good reviews on the BareSkin foundation and it sounded like it had some of the key things I look for in a foundation: light to medium coverage and a natural, dewy finish. I got the second lightest cool toned (pink undertones) shade which is 02 Bare Shell. I have only used this a few times but am really liking it so far - stay tuned for a review. Then I set out to the Chanel counter. Originally I wanted to get the Vitalumière Aqua but the lady at the counter recommended I try the 
Vitalumière since my skin is dry and this formulation is more hydrating than the VA. When she put it on my face I was sold! This foundation is SOOO hydrating and left me looking glowy which is not an easy feat considering how dry my skin can be. I got the lightest shade in the Chanel Vitalumière which is call 07 Ivory / Ivoire. I find this shade to be a bit too yellow toned for my skin but nothing major and it still works well. However, anyone who has either very fair skin or very dark skin would probably have trouble finding a shade that matched them because this line only has 8 shades ranging from fairly light to medium dark, with no options for deeper or very light skin tones :(
BareMinerals BareSkin in shade 02 Bare Shell
Chanel Vitalumière in shade 07 Ivory 
Woooo almost done... apologies for the longest post ever! The last few things I got were a couple of Sigma makeup brushes and a few drugstore goodies. I only owned one Sigma brush, the Sigma E65 Small Angle brush which I LOVE and use for both filling in my brows and for eyeliner, before adding a couple new ones to my collection. The two I got are the Sigma E30 - Pencil Brush and the Sigma F05 - Small Contour Brush. I have only used each of these a couple times but am loving them so far :)
Sigma E30 & Sigma F05
Sigma E30 - Pencil
Sigma F05 - Small Contour
The last things I got are products I have been wanting to try out for a while now but it took me forever to find them! One is the Milani Baked Blush in the shade Luminoso 05. I kept hearing people rave about this on various blogs and YouTube channels but couldn't find it in stock anywhere so I was very excited when I finally came across it at Walmart. On this same trip to Walmart I was walking up and down the cosmetics aisles to see if anything jumped out at me. I came upon the Rimmel section and, low and behold, there was the Wake Me Up Concealer! I have been searching for this one for a while and after months of fruitless effort I finally decided that this concealer is probably only available in the UK (because pretty much everyone I have seen talk about this product lives there). So I was happily surprised to see this little guy sitting on the shelf. I got the lightest shade they had in stock which was 125 Very Fair. I haven't actually had a chance to try this out yet but hopefully it lives up to the hype, I'll let you guys know :)
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso & Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 125 Very Fair
Ok so that's finally all for now! I do actually have a few other odds and ends I didn't include in this haul since it was already so long but I will probably do a separate post on those other "Mini Hauls" soon - you've been forewarned! Hope you guys like this and please let me know what you think of these products if you have tried any of them or if there are any specific products within this haul you would like a review/first impression on - I would really love to know your opinions!

xoxo emma

No comments:

Post a Comment